Who We Are
This statement explains what we do with your personal information when you register to use that website, subscribe to use our services and how to exercise your rights over it.
If you have any questions about our use of your personal information, or if you want to exercise your rights, you can contact us at any time. The best way to do this is by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, but if you prefer you can also write to us at: Data Protection Team, Kea HR & Recruitment, 135 West Bawtry Road. Rotherham, South Yorkshire, S60 2XQ.
What Personal Data We Collect
We collect information about you in three ways: directly from your input, through the website technologies, and from third party sources.
Data You Provide to Us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or post.
The types of personal information that we collect directly from you includes:
- Contact details, such as your name, email address, social media handle, postal address and phone number;
- Account login credentials, such as usernames and passwords, password hints and similar security information;
- Other account registration and profile information, such as a photo of you;
- Payment information, such as a credit or debit card number;
- Comments, feedback and other information you provide to us, including search query data and questions or information you send to customer support; and/or
- Interests and communication preferences, including preferred language.
Data from Website Use
The website automatically collects information about how you and your device interact with it, including:
- Computer, device and connection information, such as IP address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and other software installed on your device, mobile platform and unique device identifier and other technical identifiers, error reports and performance data;
- Usage data, such as the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call us.
Data from Other Sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them;
We may collect your personal details from other sources including where emails are forwarded to you or where we receive your contact details in an automatic out of office response to an email sent by us.
How We Use Your Data
Depending on how you interact with us, this website and your preferences, we use your personal information to:
- Provide, activate and manage your access to and use of the website;
- Process and fulfil a request, order, download, subscription or other transaction (including to process payments);
- Provide technical, product and other support and to help keep the website working, safe and secure;
- Enhance and improve the website and our other products and services and to develop new products, services and benefits;
- Offer you customized content and other personalisation to make the website more relevant to your interests and geography;
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments and concerns;
- Notify you about changes, updates or other announcements related to the website and our other products and services;
- Provide you with information about other services we offer that compliment those that you have already used;
- Deliver targeted advertisements, promotional messages, notices and other information related to the website, your interests and other products, events and services;
- Ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or other device used to access our site;
- Identify usage trends and develop data analysis, including for purposes of research, audit, reporting and other business operations, including determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and evaluating our business performance, or in other ways pursuant to a customer agreement; and/or
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We may combine information received from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above.
If you are the main contact person of an business with a subscription to one of our services, we will use your details to communicate with you about your subscription and related services. If you supply us with contact information for your colleagues, we may contact those individuals with communications about the service that may include reference to you.
Who We Share Your Data With
We will not usually share your personal information with other third parties without your consent but may do so in the following situations:
- Where we share aggregated information, which does not identify individuals with potential authors, contributors, subscribers and clients;
- Where we are requested to provide information by authorised third parties or regulatory or governmental agencies investigating illegal activities;
- Where we believe that an emergency, illegal activity or some other reasonable basis exists for notifying the relevant authority;
- Where we use sub-contractors to provide the service. Any such sub-contractor will only use your personal information for the purposes of providing services to us and will have no right to use your personal information for its own purposes;
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Kea HR & Recruitment is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. Save as expressly stated, we do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- We may hold events including seminars and workshops which are sponsored by third parties or have third party speakers. Where you register for one of these events we may share your details with those third parties.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- We use GoCardless as a third party payment processing services when you make payment via Direct Debit. We do not have access to any credit card, debit card, bank account or other financial information processed by the third party.
- We use Mailpoet to send emails to you from our website. To do this we share your name and email address you have provided to us with Mailpoet. This service allows us to track opens and clicks on our emails, we use this information to improve the content of the information we send to you.
Multi User Subscriptions
If you access our services through a multi user subscription, your personal information and certain usage data gathered through the service may be accessed by or shared with your organisation for the purposes of usage analysis, subscription management and compliance, cost attribution and departmental budgeting.
How Long We Retain Your Data
If you leave a comment on this website, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
If you register as a user on our website, we store the personal information you provide in your user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
If you subscribe to a service we provide, we will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide the service and fulfill the transactions you have requested, and for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, maintaining business and financial records, resolving disputes, maintaining security, detecting and preventing fraud and abuse, and enforcing our agreements.
If you cease to be a subscriber we will retain your personal information for 3 years after you have ceased to be a subscriber or for 3 years after you last log into your online account, after which it will be deleted.
We will keep the information that you provide us when registering for a Kea HR & Recruitment seminar or workshop webinar for a period of 3 years, after which it will be deleted.
Keeping Your Information Up To Date
It is your responsibility to ensure that the information you submit when subscribing with Kea HR & Recruitment is complete, accurate and up to date and it is your responsibility to notify us if that information changes.
Your Rights And How To Exercise Them
The law gives you certain rights in respect of the information that we hold about you. Below is a short overview of the most commonly-used rights. It is not a complete, exhaustive statement of your rights in respect of your personal data.
The website of the Information Commissioner’s Office has a wealth of useful information in respect of your rights over your personal data.
If you wish to exercise your rights, the best way to do so is by email to email@example.com, but if you prefer you can also write to us at Kea HR & Recruitment, 135 West Bawtry Road, Rotherham, South Yorkshire, S60 2XQ.
Your right to unsubscribe
When you receive marketing communications from us you have the right to unsubscribe at any time. You can do that by following the unsubscribe link in the email you have received from us, or by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you unsubscribe, we will stop sending you marketing communications.
Your right to a copy of the information we hold about you
With some exceptions designed to protect the rights of others, you have the right to a copy of the personal data that we hold about you, as well as information about what we do with it, who we share it with and how long we will hold it for. We may make a reasonable charge for additional copies of that data beyond the first copy, based on our administrative costs.
If you are registered user of this website you will have direct access to your profile and will be able to review your account information and make corrections or updates upon login at any time. Keeping such information up to date is solely the responsibility of the user. Registered users may also close their account directly through the website or by contacting us at email@example.com.
Your right to have inaccurate information about you corrected
You have the right to have the information we hold about you corrected if it is factually inaccurate. In most cases the easiest way to do that is to contact us and let us know what information needs to be changed.
Your right to have your information deleted in some circumstances
In some circumstances, you have the right to require us to delete the information that we hold about you. In particular, if you cease being a Kea HR & Recruitment subscriber and we no longer need to process your personal data, then we will delete the relevant data from our systems.
We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 or target the Service to children under 13.
We use a variety of administrative, physical and technical security measures to help safeguard your personal information.
Locations of Processing
Your personal information may be stored and processed in your region or another country where Kea HR & Recruitment and our service providers maintain servers and facilities, including the United Kingdom and the United States. We take steps, including through our contracts, to ensure that the information continues to be protected wherever it is located in a manner consistent with the standards of protection required under applicable law.
Where personal information is transferred from the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland to a country that has not received an adequacy decision by the European Commission, we rely on appropriate safeguards, such as the European Commission-approved Standard Contractual Clauses and the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks, to transfer the data.
Accuity Inc. and FlightStats Inc have certified certain of their services to the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce. Please view the Accuity Privacy Shield Notice here and the FlightStats Privacy Shield Notice here. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view these entities’ certification, please visit www.privacyshield.gov.
Grounds for Processing
When we collect from you any personal information within the scope of European data protection laws, we do so (a) with your consent; (b) where necessary to provide the Service, fulfill a transaction or otherwise perform a contract with you or at your request prior to entering into a contract; (c) where necessary for our compliance with a legal obligation; (d) where necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest; and/or (e) as necessary to fulfill our legitimate interests as described below, except where our interests are overridden by your privacy rights. Where we rely on your consent to process personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, and where we rely on legitimate interests, you have the right to object.
Our legitimate interests are: to deliver our products to our customers and their end users; to detect or prevent fraud; to protect the security of our systems, customers and users; to further develop our products; to conduct direct marketing; to operate our business (by processing payments/invoices and conduct credit checks on customers, suppliers and leads, perform sales and customer relations management, supplier management, as well as incidental processing in our back office for these purposes); to enable our customers to comply with legal obligations; to provide customer service or support; or fulfil our other legitimate interests as described above.
How to Complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information but you may also lodge a complaint with the data protection authority in the applicable jurisdiction.
Last updated: 23 May 2018