HR Toolkit: Sickness Absence
This HR Toolkit: Sickness Absence will help you to deal with absence issues fairly and speedily, before they develop into major problems.
|Complete Guide to Sickness Absence
My HR toolkit: Sickness Absence provides an essential toolkit with practical guidance, meeting scripts and template letters to enable you to manage sickness absence within your business fairly and consistently.
My HR Toolkit: Sickness Absence will take you step by step through the sickness absence process. When you implement my HR Toolkit: Sickness Absence you will not only be legally compliant but you will also deal with sickness absence matters fairly and consistently as you reach logical and justified conclusions.
And if you need extra help or advice I’m just a phone call away. Contact me.
When you buy my HR Toolkit: Sickness Absence you will be taking the first steps towards protecting your business
Content of the Kea HR Toolkit: Sickness Absence
The Managers Guidance Notes have been compiled to support you step by step through managing Sickness Absence matters:
- Top Drivers of Absence
- Analysing Absence Patterns
- Legal Considerations
- Rights Under the Model Absence Policy
- Rights Under the Contract of Employment
- Procedural Requirements
- Maintaining Contact
- Return to Work
- Absence During the Probationary Period
- Managing Frequent Short Term Absence
- Common Causes of Frequent Absence and Possible Impact of Workplace Factors on Absence
- Attendance Improvement Notices
- Fair Dismissal on the Grounds of Unsatisfactory Attendance
- Managing Long Term Absence
- What is Long Term Absence?
- Managing the Period of Absence
- Managing the Employees Return to Work
- How to Implement a Phased Return to Work
- Disability and the Equality Act
- Other Absence Issues
- Combined Periods of Short and Long Term Absences
- Abuse of the Policy
- Relationship with Annual Leave
- Planned Operations
- Donating Bone Marrow or Organs
- Pregnancy Related Sickness
- Medical Appointments
- Terminal Illness
- Access to Medical Reports
- Statutory Sick Pay
- How to Introduce a Company Sick Pay Scheme
Each section is supported by all the template documents you will need to navigate through the process and can be customised to suit your business style.
I enclose my Template Sickness Absence Policy in the resource materials, if you have a policy in place that you are happy with you can use that, but if you don’t have one or are worried yours may no longer be legally compliant you can use my template policy, which has been reviewed for compliance with GDPR.
The template documents include:
- Flow Charts: Frequent Sickness, Long Term Sickness and May Be Fit for Work
- Self Certification Form
- Letter to Employee Requesting Medical Certificate
- Letter to Employee Regarding Home Visit
- Sample Questions for a Home Visit
- Letter of Condolence – employee admitted to hospital
- Return to Work Meeting Record
- Guide to Conducting a Return to Work Meeting
- Invitation to Disciplinary Hearing – persistent absence
- Meeting Agenda
- Absence Improvement Notice
- Confirmation of Warning – persistent absence
- Confirmation of Final Warning – persistent absence
- Confirmation of Dismissal – persistent absence
- Request Authorisation to Seek Medical Report
- Model Letter to GP
- Invitation to Attend Independent Medical Examination
- Letter – Failure to Attend Medical Examination
- Invitation to Consultation Meeting – long term ill health
- Confirmation of Dismissal – long term ill health
- Notice of an Appeal Hearing
- Confirmation of Appeal Decision
Last updated: August 2018 to comply with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
|Support with Interpretation and Application
I will be available, at no extra charge in the first 12 months of purchase, to provide you with a quick check on the interpretation or application of the content of the HR Toolkit: Sickness Absence. There are no limits on the number of times you can use the facility, or the length of time each situation takes to resolve. You can use the facility to clarify a step in the process, seek advice on a specific situation that is happening in your business or send me a letter you have amended to check it is still legally compliant.
|Always Up To Date
I am constantly reviewing the content of my HR Toolkit: Sickness Absence and if I make any changes within the first 12 months of purchase I will pass these on to you at no extra charge.
I will keep you up to date on new legislation and current hot topics in Sickness Absence matters.
Want to ask a question or discuss this with me first before buying?