Coronavirus Tier 4 Restrictions
5 January 2021
Following the Prime Ministers announcement on 4 January 2021 the Tier system has ended as England moves into National Lockdown Three from 00:01 on 6 January 2021
Tier 4 Restrictions (Local Alert Level Stay At Home) is similar to the first lockdown.
People who are able to work from home should do so. For those unable to work from home, guidance maintains that they can leave home to go to work.
Many businesses, including those deemed ‘non-essential’ retail, hospitality venues and accommodation, will be forced to close.
The following restrictions apply to all Tier 4 areas:
- People must not socialise with anybody they do not live with or have formed a support bubble with in any indoor or outdoor setting including private gardens.
- People must not socialise in a group of more than 2 in an outdoor public space such as a park or beach, the countryside, a public garden, grounds of a heritage site or castle.
- Non essential retail must close with the exception of click and collect and delivery services.
- Personal care, such as hairdressers, nail bars and tattoists must close.
- Hospitality settings, such as pubs, bars, cafes and restaurants must close; unless they serve takeaway, drive through or delivery services.
- Accommodation such as hotels, B&Bs, campsites, and guest houses must close.
- Indoor entertainment and tourist venues must close. This includes: indoor play centres and areas, including trampolining parks and soft play, casinos, bingo halls, bowling alleys, skating rinks, amusement arcades and adult gaming centres, laser quests and escape rooms, cinemas, theatres and concert halls and snooker halls.
- Indoor attractions at mostly outdoor entertainment venues must also close (indoor shops, through-ways and public toilets at such attractions can remain open). This includes indoor attractions within: zoos, safari parks, and wildlife reserves, aquariums, visitor attractions at farms, and other animal attractions, model villages, museums, galleries and sculpture parks, botanical gardens, biomes or greenhouses, theme parks, circuses, fairgrounds and funfairs, visitor attractions at film studios, heritage sites such as castles and stately homes and landmarks including observation decks and viewing platforms.
- Leisure and sports facilities must close. Outdoor sport is allowed but the gatherings limit of 2 applies. There are exceptions for indoor disability sport, sport for educational purposes and supervised sport and physical activity for under-18s. Saunas and steam rooms should close.
- There should be no public attendance at spectator sport or indoor performances and large business events should not be taking place. Elite sport events may continue to take place without spectators.
- Large outdoor events (performances and shows) should not take place, with the exception of drive-in events.
- Everyone must work from home unless they are unable to do so such as manufacturing or construction.
- Schools and universities remain open.
- Places of worship remain open, but household mixing is not permitted unless a legal exemption applies.
- Weddings and funerals can go ahead with restrictions on the number of attendees; 15 people can attend wedding ceremonies, wedding receptions are not allowed, 30 people can attend funeral ceremonies, 15 people can attend linked commemorative events.
- People must stay at home and only travel for work, education or other legally permitted reasons. If you must travel, say for exercise you should stay local and limit the number of journeys you make. Anyone needing to travel should walk or cycle where possible, or avoid busy times and routes on public transport.
- Travelling outside the Tier 4 area is not allowed.
- People should not stay overnight in another part of the UK and residents from other parts of the UK should not stay overnight in a tier 4 area.
If you have any questions please call me on 0114 360 0626 or simply email me at email@example.com.
Tap into and share the Kea world!
Don’t forget to add Kea to your social networks and when you read an article that you like share it with your network!